Centrally located in “The City with Heart”, this community is ideal for people who enjoy the many things North York has to offer such as shopping and theatre, all within walking distance.
This leading provider of seniors’ housing is a four-time winner of the Order of Excellence award, awarded for outstanding performance in the area of quality.
- 95% of families rank them as good to excellent
- 97.9% of the staff say they are proud to work for the organization.
This retirement community provides extraordinary luxury, comfort and security as part of everyday living. Embrace the intimate and welcoming ambiance as you enter the lobby and meet with family and friends in the sun-filled spacious lounges. Elegant dining rooms invoke a sense of warmth and comfort where residents enjoy chef prepared nutritious meals, blending both traditional and inventive choices.
Residents keep as active or relaxed as they choose in the Bar & Bistro, Fitness Centre, Theatre, and Games Room. They offer a diverse range of recreational programs including their most popular Brain Gym and More.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the General Manager directs the overall operation of the Home. Responsible for lease up; meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with corporate and site philosophy and mission.
- In this exciting and challenging leadership position, you will be responsible for the overall accountability of the day-to-day operation of the residence including: resident care, customer service, fiscal performance, and compliance with all government regulation and corporate policies
- Assumes responsibility for achieving occupancy goals
- Develops and maintains positive public relations with residents, their families, and the community
- Ensures provision of high-quality resident services and effective fiscal performance of all departments through participative leadership and adherence to established performance standards
- Assists in preparing operating and capital budget and implements accordingly
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience as a General Manager in a retirement residence is essential, with sound knowledge of RHRA
- Strong leadership, sales, marketing, team building, and communication skills are essential as well as expertise in the areas of cost control and budgeting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements, and control of expenses and costs
- Degree or diploma in healthcare administration or Long-Term Care or hotel management and a proven track record in the hospitality or retirement industry
A highly competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, paid vacation and Group RSP contributions has been designed to attract star performers