Our client, a Canadian owned, family run business, is seeking an:
Food and Nutrition Manager
St. Catharines, Ontario
St. Catharines, a recreational jewel set on the shore of Lake Ontario, just below the stunning Niagara Escarpment offers many amenities and opportunities to its residents. It is a place known for its friendliness, charm and pride – characteristics that stem from its identity as The Garden City due to its many parks, gardens and trails.
The 160 bed Long Term Care home is a gorgeous, newer, state of the art facility, located in the heart of St. Catharines, within a well established neighbourhood community. This home boasts excellent facilities, superb social, spiritual, recreational and therapeutic programs for seniors, and dedicated nurses and support staff.
As a member of the management team the Food and Nutrition Manager manages all aspects of food service within the Home to meet the nutritional needs of residents with emphasis on the individual needs and wants of the residents, including special ethno-cultural requirements.
This position ensures the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of meals to the residents within legislative requirements. The Food and Nutrition Manager will ensure the residents enjoy a pleasurable dining experience within the scope of dietary practice.
- Ensures adherence to the respective regulations and legislation in the Ontario Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and O. Regulation 79/10, the Resident’s Bill of Rights, and the Home’s mission and policies
- Plans and organizes the activities of the dietary department
- Ensures the provision of high quality food service
- Establishes the workflow patterns
- Ensures departmental goals and objectives are developed and achieved
- Establishes policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Develops and standardizes cooking techniques, food portioning, leftover control, food handling techniques and sanitation techniques
- Develops individualized nutritional care plans
- Plans regular and therapeutic cyclical menus for approval by the registered dietitian
- Orders and receives food and kitchen supplies
- Monitors inventory
- Develops a standardized order program
- Monitors menu changes to ensure record keeping follows department procedures
- Ensures all food is purchased from established supplier and in sufficient quality and quantity for the home
- Ensures proper operation of kitchen equipment
- Ensures provision of dietary services to staff and visitors as required
- Participates in multidisciplinary care planning conferences to assess dietary needs of residents and keep informed of changing dietary needs
- Completes initial and quarterly resident nutritional profiles on all residents who are not followed by the dietitian
- Monitors resident food intake and refers nutrition concerns to dietitian
- Visits residents during meal times to monitor resident acceptability of food
- Communicates concerns regularly to the Dietitian and Resident Care team making recommendations to enhance the dining experience and/or improve nutritional intake
- Completes documentation as per policy and legislated requirements
- Cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs
- Attends and participates in resident care conferences, team meetings and other committees as requested
- Chairs / participates in all relevant committees of the home as per policy and procedure
- Performs other related functions as required within scope of practice and on the direction of the administrator
- Diploma in Food Service Supervision from a recognized program
- Current membership in the Ontario Society of Nutritional Management
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management
- 3 years progressive related experience in an institutional setting
- Experience with RAI/MDS version 2.0
- Compensation for the position has been designed to attract star performers
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 Ext 207
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.