This inviting and vibrant residence is located in close proximity to London Ontario. Their mission is to provide a warm and welcoming home and community for seniors. They offer a choice of services that enable their residents to enjoy an active and meaningful life, with access to the supports they require to meet their physical, social and spiritual needs. Dedicated to providing the best environment for their residents, their caring staff are committed to the provision of excellent services and programs in a culture reflecting respect, compassion and continuous improvement.
The Executive Director is an inspirational and value-based leader who is committed to service excellence and has demonstrated ability and passion in enriching the lives of older adults. Reporting to the owner, the Executive Director is responsible for directing, coordinating and managing all operations of the Home. The ideal candidate will possess excellent business acumen and provide leadership for all departments and staff in this unionized environment. In addition, the Executive Director is accountable for: marketing, sales and capacity building; quality and risk management; regulatory compliance; financial stewardship; and the building and fostering of community relationships and partnerships.
- Provide an inspiring and meaningful leadership presence, modelling the vision and mission of the organization
- Plan, deliver and evaluate all services and operations, through appropriate delegation, oversight and best practice
- Foster accountability, while empowering managers and staff in all departments (Food Service/Culinary, Housekeeping and Maintenance, Administration, Recreation, and Health and Wellness) to deliver high quality services and programs
- Foster a culture of safety to ensure the well-being of all residents, staff, volunteers and visitors through the use of evidence-based reporting and learning systems, including comprehensive emergency and other policies and procedures; an infection prevention and control program, and training and education
- Meet occupancy and sales targets through an effective marketing plan which actively promotes the Residence; competently and professionally fulfill all marketing and sales activities
- Ensure all documentation, record-keeping, policies and procedures are accurate, current and in conformance with regulatory standards and best practice.
- Manage labour relations; participate in negotiations; administer collective agreement
- Oversee and assist the management team with the recruitment and scheduling of all departments
- Provide clinical support and direction to the Wellness Coordinator and Care Staff related to resident assessments, care planning and interventions
- Invest in the development of all staff, including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Develop meaningful relationships with residents, families and other stakeholders to develop an understanding of their needs and expectations
- Effectively respond to and address resident or family concerns or issues
- Ensure effective stewardship of all resources, to ensure ongoing viability and profitability; prepare and monitor budget; approve expenditures and address variances
- Manage all external contracts, agreements and payroll
- Post-secondary education in business, hospitality, marketing or related program
- Minimum 3 years management experience in health care industry (senior living, community care services, acute care)
- RN or other registered health professional preferred
- Managerial experience in retirement living preferred
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft office; PointClickCare an asset)
- Excellent communication skills and high level of professionalism
- Knowledge of Retirement Home Act and other relevant legislation
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: