Whether to provide a safe environment for a senior or to provide a home to a younger adult no longer able to live independently in the community, this Long-Term Care Centre provides a warm and welcoming home for the enjoyment of residents and their families.
The team of nursing and support staff are dedicated to meeting the needs of residents through:
This 200-bed long-term care home features a covered front porch, a beautiful two-storey entrance hall, a large Community Hall, enclosed courtyards, large, light-filled rooms, and small self-contained home areas. Wholesome food, 24-hour nursing, access to medical services and a variety of recreation and leisure programs ensure that residents enjoy the best possible quality of life.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Regional Director, the Executive Director assumes ultimate responsibility for providing high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff.
- Provide leadership in the establishment; achieve the residence’s goals and objectives; and manage human, financial and physical resources for the various departments of the residence
- Select and develop employees; provide an opportunity for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among all employees
- Liaise and consult with residents, families and the community in order to maintain a good public image for the residence
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the facility within budget while overseeing the accounting operations for the residence
- Ensure that processes are in place that effectively delivers quality care & service.
- Interpret and effectively manage the collective agreement to foster employee relations
- Implement effective programs to manage labour costs, such as; Monitoring funding levels, Attendance management and WSIB/WCB claims management
- Ensure that systems are in place that identify, analyze and report on process improvement
- Ensure the effective management of the customer’s expectations using CQI tools and processes.
- Provide leadership and support on RAI coding/auditing and data management
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in
- Administrator’s Certification completed or enrolled
- Ontario Fire Safety: Training for Owners/Operators Course Certificate
- At least 3 years of working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector or in another managerial or supervisory capacity, if he or she has already successfully completed the Long Term Care Administrator Certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of the employees
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Ability to generate creative solutions and new approaches to daily challenges
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles and applicable legislation
- Knowledge of the changing health care system is an asset
- Knowledge of: Accreditation Process, Public Relations, Human Resources and Labour Relations Management, Marketing and Sales, Business and Finance Principles, Long Term Care Industry, Applicable Contractual & Legislative Requirements, CQI Principles, Project Management Principles, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A highly competitive compensation package and benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: