Our valued client is one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors’ living and a leader in finding innovative and practical solutions that help residents and families live fully, every day. As leaders they leverage technology and best practices to constantly set new benchmarks for quality. They are dedicated and committed to their vision, to awaken their communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters.
They have created an environment in which all employees can feel valued and appreciated. They are committed to helping their staff gain the knowledge and expertise to ensure delivery of quality care and to help them achieve their full potential.
Position & Responsibilities:
As a valued member of the team, the Executive Director demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Ensuring the Resident Care Mission including philosophy, annual goals and objectives for residents’ care and nursing services are congruent with the organization’s mission statement
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities of the Care Community
- Facilitating relationships through effective communications between and among residents, relatives, team members and community to supports involvement and participation in care
- Responding promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans
- Networking with other long term care organizations to promote continuity of nursing care with other health agencies and community
- Providing the team members’ development coordination and using the educational resources to plan for an effective team member development program including orientation, in-service and continuing education as determined by the learning needs of nursing team members
- Overseeing the recruitment, employee and labour relations, payroll and benefits, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions within the Care Community
- Participating in the development of the annual operating budget and reviewing financial statements and taking action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget
- Working in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Establishing, implementing, managing and improving standards for nursing care, and policies and procedures for quality resident care to meet individual resident needs and their expectations involving them whenever possible
- Post-secondary degree (3 years’) or post-secondary diploma (2 years’) in Health or Social Services
- Possess the qualifications to be an Administrator in the Province of Ontario
- Must have completed a program in Long-Term Care Home Administration that is at least 100 hours in duration of instruction
- Must have 3 years’ managerial or supervisory experience in long term care
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources, finance, labour relations, marketing and department coordination
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check
- A competitive compensation package including a full benefit plan and RRSP has been developed to attract a star leader
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.