One of Canada’s most innovative purveyors of seniors’ housing, a leading trailblazer in long term care, in one of the fastest growing healthcare fields in the nation, is seeking an:
This long term care home is located near Finch Avenue West and Highway 400 close to local restaurants and shopping centres as well as Humber River Regional Hospital.
In addition to 215 long term stay beds, this accredited home offers 34 short-term stay Convalescent Care beds.
Their team of highly skilled professionals is dedicated to enhancing residents’ quality of life by meeting their physical and emotional needs through excellent care and specialty programs. One of their signature programs is the Snoezelen room, a unique spot where residents can find relaxation, interaction, socialization and comfort.
With 249 residents, this team prides themselves on providing outstanding, compassionate care to their residents; paying close attention to their individual needs. They are able to enhance residents’ quality of life, through excellent care, and specialty programs.
The management team provides excellent corporate support, including a dedicated corporate nurse consultant in Windsor, and an extensive nursing team, in a collaborative, forward thinking and innovative atmosphere with cutting edge technology. This includes PCC, SurgeLearning, Pixalere and the recent launch of a quality based practice that has the potential to greatly minimize the risk of strokes in long-term care, bringing attention to Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a leading cause of strokes.
Join a creative environment where people are innovative; not complacent in routine. There is a full benefits program, pension and annual retreats………. happy staff = happy residents!
Seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base in long term care and be willing to take the initiative without waiting for direction. Strong leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Strategic planning in accordance with the vision, mission and values
- Participates in the development of corporate policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with all regulations and government requirements
- Provides interpretation of collective agreements and labour relations issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation and performance of key staff
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets and capital projects
- Monitors the Quality Improvement Program and advises on risk management
- Participates on the Joint Health & Safety Committee as the management representative
- Minimum of a 3 year degree or 2 year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in health or social services
- Completed or enrolled in long term administration management course that is a minimum of 100 hours of instruction time
- Comprehensive knowledge of MOHLTC regulations
- Demonstrated experience in labour relations, fiscal management, strategic planning and risk management/quality assurance
- Previous experience in health & safety compliance
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Minimum of three years managerial experience in a health or social services setting
A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation plus 1 week paid corporate retreat plus 5 lieu days, management bonus as well as a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: