This progressive 138 bed long term care Home, with a thriving community of professionals, is dedicated to creating an environment of care and respect. This team honours the residents’ desire to maintain their dignity and be as independent as possible.
The focus is on providing a high level of resident care and promoting positive family and community involvement. This site is fully accredited, with highly dedicated long-tenured staff.
The Environmental Services Supervisor will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. This position will report to the Administrator of the home.
- Strong background in Long Term Care, Retirement or Hospitality environment is an asset
- Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment
- Coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department
- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties within a medical environment to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and home equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objective
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of Home’s equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and home’s facilities.
- Performs a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems
- Maintains inventory of new equipment, manuals and warranties
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment
- Perform mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, and refrigeration etc.
- Organize invoices, accounts payable and prepare monthly reports
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the home
- Understands and promotes the Residents Bill of Rights and supports resident well-being
- Responsible for proper safety and care of equipment used in providing services to residents
- Assumes responsibility for effective waste management, pest control, water supply, water temperature, air quality, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance services. Participates in the home’s disaster and emergency planning in collaboration with local and emergency planning groups. Under the direction and leadership of the Administrator coordinates activities in the event of an internal/external disaster
- Hires, orientates, schedules, supervises, promotes, transfers, terminates and at least annually according to home policy and procedure evaluates in writing the performance of environmental personnel
- Develops, implements, revises and keep current a documented preventative maintenance program in accordance with Ministry of Health and all applicable legislation
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Quality Management/Risk Management Program
- Ensures maintenance services are regularly provided including, internal and external painting, furniture refinishing and repair and service and repairs to home systems such as: heating, cooling, domestic water, electrical, plumbing
- Inspects all equipment, documents findings and provides follow up to ensure proper functioning of all equipment including equipment brought into the home by residents’ families
- Ensures maintenance of grounds, parking areas, and walkways including grounds upkeep, landscaping, snow removal and grass cutting
- Monitors the performance of service contractors to ensure compliance with contracts and expected outcomes
- Participates as an active member of the Management Team
- Successful completion of Grade 12 education with post secondary course related to environmental services
- Previous management experience. Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- Background which includes basic electrical, mechanical, carpentry and plumbing experience
- Knowledge of building code and fire code as pertains to long term care facilities
- Knowledge of fire equipment, sprinkler system, suppression system, and inspection/servicing/testing requirements
- Knowledge of generator system and testing of system
- Knowledge and experience in proper laundry procedures, chemicals and linen care
- Knowledge and experience in proper housekeeping procedures and floor care
- Good oral and written skills
- Willingness to pursue educational opportunities to enhance environmental knowledge
- Resident Focused Care
- Communication Skills
- Abide by any enforcing laws, rules and regulations
- Decision making – Critical Thinking and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Results Orientated
- Services Orientated
- Strategic Thinking
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Excellent compensation package and full benefits package designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.