Founded in 2004, and one of 25 such facilities in Ontario – Stedman Community Hospice provides programs and services to individuals from the moment of diagnosis of a life-limiting malady, through their illness and grief journey.
While the esthetics of this beautiful facility provide home-like comforts, the unparalleled hospice care is what sets Stedman Community Hospice apart. As trailblazers in the province, Stedman Community Hospice is the fifth residential hospice to open in Ontario along with a whole host of firsts, including the launch of community outreach and horticultural programs, among others.
The hospice’s 10-bed Hankinson House provides round-the-clock care for anyone with three months or less left to live. It provides a community outreach program that sees a team of professionals visit homes of patients in Brantford and Brant County. Outreach also is provided to Six Nations, Haldimand and Norfolk counties.
The hospice has handled more than 450,000 in-home visits and consultations, resulting in thousands of emergency room diversions, better access to care and millions of dollars in savings to the health-care system.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the President, the Director assumes ultimate responsibility for planning, directing and managing all programs and personnel in conformity with policies, guidelines and budgetary authorities that are set by the President
- Provides leadership with Hospice’s vision of palliative care and will be considered a community and provincial leader in palliative care
- Liaise and consult with residents, families and the community (health care partners, stakeholders) in order to maintain a good public image for the residence
- Support and actively participate in fundraising programs and activities
- 5 years leadership experience in the Healthcare sector
- Ability to develop and establish annual and long-term goals and objectives
- Knowledge of Palliative Care
- University undergraduate degree and/or Nursing or related health care designation
- Ability to build strong partnerships both within organization and with external partners (community)
- Knowledge and experience in:
- change management
- program management
- human resources management
- financial management
- planning and development
- risk management
- A highly competitive compensation package and benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: