Our valued client is seeking a:
Director of Operations, Seniors Living
Are you ready for a rewarding and dynamic position that champions professional growth?
Are you looking for an opportunity where your leadership skills are utilized to build and expand the company’s vision?
Are you are a successful leader who has a deep compassion for seniors?
If so, then our Director of Operations position may be the perfect job for you.
Our client is a rapidly growing company specializing in the development, expansion, and management of senior communities. Their focus is to lead the industry with a culture of the highest standards of quality service, environment and care.
Their mission which is inspired by their core values of respect, integrity and dignity, ensures seniors live in engaging and supportive surroundings. Their valued team strive to not only meet but exceed each resident’s physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual needs.
The Director of Operations will be a proven senior living executive with high integrity, vision, strong interpersonal relations skills and outstanding leadership ability. This executive must bring a record of successful operations oversight, financial management, and team leadership.
PLEASE NOTE – THIS IS A REGIONAL POSITION REQUIRING TRAVEL.
Business & Financial Management:
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the designated buildings assigned, including finance, budget planning, sales and marketing.
- Manage Community budgets. monitor labour costs, raw food costs, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll in concert with the home office and the Operations staff.
- Appropriately handle and safeguard community funds.
- Oversee the budgets and hold the management team of each assigned building in compliance with the objectives and goals set for each building.
- Oversee the management of capital expenditure projects as undertaken by each building, planning projects in accordance to approved guidelines and ensuring that the expenditures meet cost projections and completion timeframes.
- Assisting in the acquisition and development of new homes; setting up the operational foundation of new homes.
- Act as role model to all staff in all communities in demonstration of professional operations, communication and resident care.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures including the company’s policies and procedures dealing with rules of employee conduct, the company’s safety and sanitation policies and other human resource policies, and directly discipline and effectively recommend corrective and disciplinary action to enforce such policies.
- Evaluate performance and effectively recommend changes to terms and conditions of employment based on such evaluations.
- Develop positive relationships with RHRA, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the communities.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- The Director of Operations will support the Executive Directors in the screening, hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and terminating all employees within their community either personally or through their designee.
- Ensure training and incentive programs are in place and working properly.
- Monitor employee morale, maintaining high level of team spirit and unit cohesion.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies.
- Manage turnover and maintain network of recruitment sources.
- The Director of Operations is responsible for timely response to all resident, family, employee, community and regulatory complaints.
- The Director of Operations must encourage open communication in order to resolve issues, and update the involved parties on the status of their issues.
- Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to ensure highest quality.
- Cleanliness and maintenance of the Community and grounds.
- Safety of residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.
Compliance with Rules and Regulations:
- The Director of Operations is responsible for maintaining compliance with all local, provincial, federal and licensing rules and regulations associated with the licensure of the buildings under their scope of authority. This includes RHRA, labour laws, etc that apply to the specific location of the property.
- The Director of Operations is responsible for fostering teamwork with co-workers, showing initiative in overcoming obstacles, taking actions which assist others beyond job responsibilities, and having a positive impact on co-workers, residents, and visitors.
- Ensure that communities are providing services for residents that are of high quality and in accordance with community standards.
- Ensure programming is effectively managed and marketed.
Sales, Marketing and Revenue:
- Ensure optimum/maximum occupancy, revenue and profitability for each community.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Keep abreast of market trends and competition.
- Maximize occupancy, efficiency of payer mix, and developing community staff members as marketers of the communities.
- Guide, manage and mentor Executive Directors to effectively reach occupancy and revenue goals.
- Create a culture that trains and supports all community staff to participate in internal sales process.
- Effectively perform all phases of external relationship building/partnering with referral sources.
Competitive compensation package designed to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.