With 247 long-term care residents, the Director of Nursing is required to oversee the nursing department and manage labour relations, budgets and spending, as well as dealing directly with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and interacting with families.
In this integral role, you will be working hand in hand with the Administrator, while collaboratively working with two Assistant Directors of Nursing who support the nursing staff.
The management team provides excellent corporate support, including corporate nurse consultants, and an extensive nursing team, in a collaborative, forward thinking and innovative atmosphere with cutting edge technology. This includes the previous launch of a quality based practice that has the potential to greatly minimize the risk of strokes in long-term care, bringing attention to Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a leading cause of strokes.
Come and join a creative environment where people are innovative; not complacent in routine. There is a full benefit & pension program AND annual leadership retreats…
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Seeking a passionate nursing leader with excellent mentoring/guidance, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base in long term care and be willing to take initiative without waiting for direction. Effective leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
- Provides leadership to the resident care team in all aspects of care within established legislative and professional standards
- Effectively manages human, material, and fiscal resources
- In collaboration with the resident care team, develops resident focused programs, policies and procedures
- Monitors the quality of care and services delivered to residents through effective quality improvement activities
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous DOC experience or ADOC experience in a medium to large size Home
- Comprehensive knowledge of Long-Term Care compliance and evidence based clinical practices
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- At least one (1) year of experience working as a RN in the Long-Term Care sector
- At least three (3) years of experience working as a RN in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- A highly competitive compensation package including vacation, 1 week paid corporate retreat, 6 lieu days, as well as a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.