Are you a collaborative, motivated, conscientious, and innovative leader?
Our client, a modern seniors’ residence that takes full advantage of the region’s stunning landscape, is seeking a:
Director of Health & Wellness, RN in Victoria, British Columbia
Victoria is a unique blend of old world charm and new world experiences, boasting the mildest climate in Canada, green and beautiful year-round. In fact, Vancouver Island, is rated the top island in North America and one of the top 10 islands in the world.
Victoria offers heritage architecture, colourful gardens, a plethora of outdoor adventure, world-class culinary experiences and a vibrant arts and culture scene. This combined with the wild beauty of the Pacific Ocean and old-growth rainforests set against a backdrop of the Olympic Mountains makes Victoria the perfect escape from the hurried world and beams with ambiance.
Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Director of Health & Wellness is accountable for leading the overall care and service for this private pay residence, including directing and mentoring care staff, maintaining accountability of the nursing staff to ensure that resident focused care is appropriate and implemented, and promoting departmental activities to maintain high-quality resident care.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete all care plan assessments, and arrange resident family care conferences and ensure all are up to date to ensure the care plans and care staffing reflect and meet the residents’ needs
- Direct the planning and delivery of clinical programs, including emergency response to achieve excellent and safe care to residents
- Schedule and adjust Health & Wellness staffing to ensure consistency with the residence’s current occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents, the care being purchased and applicable union agreements
- Manage care revenues and labour costs in line with annual budgets; monitor labour metrics such as overtime and take corrective action, complete and ensure accuracy of Health & Wellness payroll and manage staffing budget within performance targets
- Participate in Care Conferences, meet with residents/family to plan and coordinate care and services, and address related concerns
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the performance of Health & Wellness personnel, including the use of disciplinary process; provide relevant education and orientation
- Comply with all relevant provincial acts and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in Nursing and progressive nursing experience, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated
- Current registration with the CRNBC & Current C.P.R. and First Aid designation required
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in geriatrics or a combination of education and experience in a leadership role
- Must be knowledgeable of relevant provincial acts and regulations, specifically the Community Care and Assisted Living Act
- Experience working in a unionized environment and managing under a collective agreement
- Possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate the terms of residents’ contracts and services to front line staff; along with a thorough understanding of effective HR practices and policies
- Effective communication skills to respectfully and compassionately deal with older adults and their families including strong conflict resolution skills
- An attractive, competitive salary has been designed to attract star performers.
- Please apply in confidence to:
- Ann Varona,
- Territory Manager, Western Canada
- Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
- 1.855.305.4078 ext. 208
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: