The Director of Care will be responsible for AgeCare Sunrise Gardens and Orchard Manor Communities in Brooks, Alberta. AgeCare Sunrise Gardens provides publically funded Supportive Living Level 4 care services, includes an Adult Day Support Program and employs 80+ Licensed Practical Nurses and Health Care Aides. AgeCare Orchard Manor is a well-established residence within Brooks that provides both retirement living suites and publically funded Supportive Living Level 3 care services.
The Director of Care (DOC) reports to the Vice President Care Services, and is responsible for the leadership and management of Resident Care Services within the facility. Manages the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of overall operations of Nursing/Care Department. Meets current applicable federal, provincial and regional standards, guidelines and regulations, while working within practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation and professional governing bodies. DOC supports an environment based on guiding principles of trust, respect quality and teamwork, encouraging culture of safety and well-being. Ensures consistent and continual delivery of highest standard of resident care.
- Plans, coordinates, delegates and evaluates all aspects of facility nursing care and services to residents, in keeping with provincial care, accreditation and accommodation standards
- Provides guidance and direction to all facility nursing management and staff to attain and maintain safe, quality resident- and family-centred care
- Accountable for overseeing admission process of residents, filling bed vacancies within six working days
- Accountable for leadership and management of full staff complement, modelling professional and effective quality care
- Participates and supports clinical and organizational research, including federal, provincial and regional projects
- Resolves problems or issues with evidence-based action, communicating decisions with care team and timely evaluating outcomes
- Accountable for continual monitoring and analyzing of department safety and implementation of injury prevention measures, participating in care and safety audit processes and completing action plans
- Provides and/or ensures after-hours support for urgent or emergent clinical issues
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with active registration as a Registered Nurse; Master’s degree in nursing preferred
- 10 years of experience in a management position
- Proven management, leadership, clinical judgement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate well with residents, their families, staff and partners
- Able to conceptualize, problem-solve, understand issues, set priorities, evaluate and negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team members to bring out their best
- Knowledge of current nursing and medical practices and procedures (laws, regulations, guidelines and standards as they relate to Long Term Care and Supportive Living)
- Experience in Dementia Care
- A competitive compensation package including benefits, has been developed to attract a nursing leader.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.