The 192 bed Long Term Care home is situated in London, Ontario and conveniently located close to shopping, restaurants, and churches, as well as offering easy access to the 401. This home features six unique neighbourhoods named after well-known parks in the London area. Each neighbourhood features a number of shared and private accommodations to choose from, as well as a quiet room for personal visiting or reading, a nicely appointed dining room, living room, and family room with kitchenette. Other amenities include a Celebration Room, well-equipped therapy rooms, family stay over room, Café, family dining room, library with internet café and hair salon.
- Oversee all aspects of the delivery of resident care including infection control, staff education, and documentation.
- Oversee the quality management program for the nursing department ensuring required outcomes are achieved.
- Ensure standards of resident care and services are consistently achieved.
- Ensure all MOHLTC requirements are met.
- Hire, orientate, evaluate and educate staff; participation in matters surrounding union contracts.
- Assume the Administrator position in the absence of the Administrator.
- Oversee the development and management of the nursing department budget.
- Contribute to a home environment for residents that ensures the values of the home are maintained and upheld
- Registered nurse with current CNO registration
- BScN preferred or equivalent preferred
- 5 years progressive related experience
- CPR/First Aid Certificates
- Certification in Gerontology and current membership with GNA and RNAO is desirable
- Additional education in nursing, nursing administration and gerontology an asset
- Knowledge and experience with RAI/MDS. RAI/MDS training and certification preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of current trends and concepts relative to professional nursing
- Knowledge and experience with adult education strategies/facilitation
- Multilingual facility an asset
- 3 years in this job to reach competency
- Excellent compensation plan, full benefit plan and RRSP
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.