At Fairview Parkwood, we seek to nurture the mind, body and spirit of residents through a culture of kindness, building ‘a community for all’. Our values of faith, trust, accountability and innovation are embedded in everything we do, helping us to continue to build on our strong foundation and reputation for providing exemplary, values-based and faith-based care. This has made us the home of choice for Waterloo Region and area residents and their families.
Fairview Parkwood Seniors Communities is a charitable, non-profit, faith-based, accredited (CARF 2018) organization.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Have knowledge and experience working in Long Term Care or Seniors’ Living
- Have a working knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and its requirements for compliance or dedicated willingness to learn
- Be experienced using electronic software such as Point Click Care, Microsoft Office, Clinical Connect etc. for communicating, charting and care planning for residents is preferable
- Demonstrate empathy, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the needs of seniors, and ideally, have experience working with residents living in the community and in retirement
- Preferably, be bilingual in both official languages
The Director of Care is responsible for the delivery of Care and Services to the residents including:
- Respect for the values and faith-based commitment, develop, implement, oversee and improve policies, procedures and standards for nursing care, ensuring resident needs and expectations are met; co-develop with staff / residents / relatives where possible.
- Ensure legislative regulations and standards are met by establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality and risk management system for the nursing department and staff.
- Work with staff to create ongoing career and education development plans; advance and support the kindness initiative, and support a positive working environment, aligned with our strategy of ‘building a community for all’.
- Ensure all internal decision support and external provincial reporting requirements are met. Establish and promote open communication and information sharing between the resident care teams, resident and family, consistent with confidentiality requirements.
- Stay abreast of advances and innovations in gerontology; be the ‘go-to’ resource for leading practices in resident care; strategically promote best practices to ensure residents enjoy their best possible experience at Fairview Parkwood.
- Manage multiple priorities and the complex care needs of residents.
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and ensure compliance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- A very competitive total compensation package
Please apply in confidence to:
Talent Acquisition Consultant,
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: