One of Canada’s most innovative purveyors of seniors’ housing, a leading trailblazer in long term care, in one of the fastest growing healthcare fields in the nation is seeking an:
This long term care home is located near Finch Avenue West and Highway 400 close to local restaurants and shopping centres as well as Humber River Regional Hospital.
In addition to 215 long term stay beds, this accredited home offers 34 short-term stay Convalescent Care beds.
Their team of highly skilled professionals is dedicated to enhancing residents’ quality of life by meeting their physical and emotional needs through excellent care and specialty programs. One of their signature programs is the Snoezelen room, a unique spot where residents can find relaxation, interaction, socialization and comfort.
POSITION OVER & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Seeking a passionate leader with excellent leadership, communication, and customer service skills. You must have a strong knowledge base and be willing to take the initiative without waiting for direction. Strong leadership skills are required to mentor, coach, and build excellent relationships with staff, residents, and families.
Provides leadership to the resident care team in all aspects of resident care within established legislative standards and professional standards. Effectively manages human, material, and fiscal resources. In collaboration with the resident care team develops resident focused programs, policies, and procedures. Monitors the quality of care and services delivered to clients through effective quality improvement activities.
- Provides direction to the nursing team in all aspects of resident care
- Interprets LTCHA and Regulation 79/10 to the nursing team and monitors compliance to standards through continuous quality improvement activities
- Provides direction and support to Managers in each program area (i.e.: Skin Care and Wound Management, Falls Prevention, Incontinence Management, Infection Prevention and Control, etc.)
- Promotes and fosters an environment where staff feel valued and involves staff at all levels with decision making
- Initiates and/or directs timely investigations of serious Residents issues including allegations of resident abuse
- Coordinates the annual development of a staffing plan. Together with Accounting completes the MOH Staffing Report
- Counsels’ staff in areas of non-compliance, inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour
- Utilizes the progressive disciplining process when disciplining employees
- Develops the nursing operational budget annually
- Monitors expenditures monthly through the review of variance reports. Analyses variances and is able to support such variances
- Effectively communicates with staff at all levels, residents, families, other departments, and external stakeholders
- Assists in the co-ordination of the Quality Improvement program and follows the Excellent Care for All Act and utilizes all HQO resources.
- In collaboration with the QI Lead and the Quality Team develops, tracks, and evaluates quality and risk indicators
- Current RN certificate of competency from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a RN in the long term care sector
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based clinical practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of long-term care concepts and philosophies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly competitive compensation package including 4 weeks vacation + 1 (paid) annual retreat and a comprehensive benefits plan has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: