Tucked into the northeast corner of the GTA, in the heart of the thriving City of Markham, Unionville is renowned for it’s arts and culture, pubs, parks, restaurants, and its historical European feel.
Union Villa Long Term Care home is a unique and progressive seniors’ residence. Located in the heart of Unionville on a 19-acre campus, Union Villa provides a comprehensive range of quality care and special services to residents. Promoting wellness, independence, and a high quality of life within a “home-like” caring environment, the focus is on the capabilities of individual residents.
This is a home-like environment where residents exercise choice and control in their lives.
- Accredited through CARF
- Gorgeous, bright, charitable, not for profit home with 160 long-term care beds
Now seeking a Director of Care to join this dynamic team!
The Director of Care leads the nursing department for the facility, and promotes a philosophy which supports the implementation and maintenance of a holistic quality of life for all residents, meeting their identified unique needs and preferences. Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is directly responsible for the performance, ongoing improvement and development of the nursing services and clinical programs for effective resident care.
In this role you are…
Accountable to the Administrator for optimum resident care services in accordance with legislative requirements.
Required to perform your duties in a manner consistent with the Home’s mission, vision and values, ensuring resident safety, and demonstrating customer service excellence.
You’re credentials, experience & knowledge will include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence, Registered Nurses of Ontario
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the management of a nursing department in a Long Term Care Home
- Proven record in clinical care management, quality improvement, financial management, organization development, communication and human resource management
- Current knowledge of geriatric/long term care best practice and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In partnership with the Administrator, implement a comprehensive, coordinated, facility-wide program for monitoring, evaluation and improving quality of care and services, as well as an efficient system for the admission and discharge of residents through effective liaison with appropriate contacts and resources
- Knowledge of CARF Accreditation
- Proficient in RQI and Compliance and the full comprehensive understanding of Compliance needs for the home
- Managing nursing budgets and monitoring long-term strategic fiscal plans
- Development of a human resources plan with consideration of the appropriate mix of professional and support staff to meet the needs of the resident population served
- Managing the recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, training, orientation or termination of nursing staff according to the Home’s policies and procedures
- Oversees the management of the RAI MDS Program, including managing RAI Coordinators with support from ADOC, to ensure RAI MDS program mandate, standards and resident care needs are implemented effectively and the program is optimized
- Ensures staff comply with the Ministry mandated requirements for AIS Proficiency Evaluations
- Provides necessary support to staff in accomplishing their training and evaluation related to AIS Proficiency
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office, Work, Excel
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational skills to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Empathetic attitude and desire to contribute towards the well being of the residents
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
If you are a leader with values, let’s talk . .
Please apply in confidence to:
Andrea Levine, Talent Acquisition Manager
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: