Do you have demonstrated experience with collective bargaining, labour relations and employee engagement?
The Director of Human Resources is accountable for the development, implementation and administration of all human resources services for the organization. Directs all functions, processes and activities related to Human Resources including talent management planning, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, training and development, health and safety, performance, attendance and employee / labour relations ensuring compliance with legislative acts and regulations, collective agreements, corporate policies and achievement of strategic goals and objectives. Provides HR expertise and guidance to senior management and department heads throughout the organization.
- University degree in Human Resources management and/or Industrial Relations; or equivalent education and experience acceptable to the employer
- CHRP designation required, CHRL preferred
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible human resources experience in a unionized environment with a minimum of three years in a management capacity
- Experience in the major sub-functions within human resources including talent management planning, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, training and development, health and safety, performance, attendance, and employee/labour relations
- Experience working in a healthcare or health related environment preferred
- Thorough knowledge of employment legislation and regulations, legal principles and principles of common law applicable to the province of Ontario
- Excellent computer literacy including HRIS systems/database and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Suite
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling manner
- Demonstrates sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, negotiation, conflict resolution, building collaboration, and decision-making skills
- Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential duties of the position
- Excellent compensation package including full benefits and HOOPP Pension Plan
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.