Currently seeking a Dietary Aide to join the team of professionals at the 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. This position provides resident nutritional care under the direction and supervision of the Food and Nutrition Manager or delegate. The Dietary Aide participates in the team concept of resident care following established governmental and facility guideline.
- Preparation and handling of some food items, under supervision in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Familiar with the operation and care of dietary equipment.
- Understands and practices principles of hygiene and safe food handling as a means of minimizing the risk of contamination of food, preparation and service areas.
- Utilizes proper procedure for handling all dishware and utensils to minimize breakage and enhance cleanliness.
- Adheres to policies and procedures in effect within the Home.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Undertakes and completes all assigned tasks within established time frames in a competent manner.
- Completes dietary audits as required.
- May be responsible for tray service, including appropriate set up and delivery of same.
- Assists with food service at mealtimes, adhering to therapeutic diet menu, data base and seating plans.
- Preparation of nourishments.
- Ensures that immediate work area is maintained according to established policy and procedure.
- Assists in the set up and clearing of dining areas and trays.
- Completes cleaning as assigned per shift routine and cleaning schedule and documentation of same.
- May be responsible for storage of food items returned to the kitchen, following policy and procedure.
- Assist as requested in receiving and storing dietary deliveries.
- Familiar with the daily operations of the dietary department, as established in the departmental manual.
- Reports dietary concerns to Food and Nutrition Manager or delegate for follow up.
- Attends scheduled in-services and meetings as required.
- Recognizes safety hazards and promotes a safe environment for residents and staff by following an established policy and procedure and reporting hazardous situations in a timely fashion.
- Review of communication book and posted memos.
- Adherence to established dress code.
- Flexibility to changes in shift routine to accommodate provision of quality care.
- May provide guidance to Student Dietary Aide.
- May assist or participate in the following committees and meetings as assigned.
- Has successfully completed or enrolled in a Food Service Worker training program at an established college as listed in the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 or a registered private career college in Ontario, to be completed within three years of being hired.
- Show evidence of completion of a Food Handler Training program, to be re-newed every 5 years before expiry
- Responsible and punctual individual.
- Must be willing to accept direction and limitations of position.
- Willing to complete repetitive tasks.
- Must understand and practice principles of safe food handling and hygiene according to the current Food Safety Code of Practice.
- Work with seniors/vulnerable persons.
- Able to read and write English.
- Experience in food service an asset.
- Must be familiar with regulations pertaining to WHMIS and successfully complete tests.
The Dietary Aide stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Dietary Aide must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to lift and/or carry 25 kilograms and withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dishwashing machines, and at steam tables.
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: