Currently seeking a cook to join the team of professionals at the 87-bed long term care home in Fergus, Ontario. Participates in the food preparation and production functions. Inspects and tastes food for quality and completes meal audits to ensure same. Estimates quantity of food needed to meet menu requirements, referring to established preparation and production sheets. Responsible for maintaining facility and government standards in the work environment.
- Preparation and handling of food in accordance with sanitary regulations to minimize the risk of contamination of food, preparation and service areas.
- Preparation of menu items utilizing established standardized recipes to ensure consistently high quality products.
- Familiar with the preparation and service of specialized diets following therapeutic diet list.
- Ensures quality service of meals including appropriate portion size, visual appeal and palatability.
- Ensure that all food items stored meet safety and sanitary standards established by government facility.
- Familiar with daily operation of the dietary department as established in the departmental manual.
- Completes and documents any cleaning as per posted assignment and schedule.
- Ensure the necessary menu changes are documented and posted according to policy and procedure.
- Competent in the operation and maintenance of all dietary equipment. Able to demonstrate same to other dietary personnel as requested
- Functions as team leader in the absence of the Nutrition Manager by providing direct guidance and motivation, fostering the team concept.
- Reports dietary concerns to the Nutrition Manager for follow-up.
- May assign additional work project to dietary staff who have completed their respective shift routines.
- Attends scheduled in-services and meetings as required.
- Adheres to policies and procedures in effect within the home and maintains a good attendance record.
- Recognizes safety hazards and promotes a safe environment for resident sand staff by following an established policy and procedure and reporting hazardous situations in a timely fashion.
- Review of communication book and posted memos.
- Adherence to established dress code.
- Participates and completes posted in-services.
- Responsible and punctual individual.
- Must be willing to accept direction and limitations of position.
- Must work within established time frames.
- Must understand principles of good hygiene.
- Work with seniors/vulnerable persons.
- Able to read and write.
- Familiar with regulations pertaining to WHMIS and successfully complete tests.
- Show evidence of completion of a Food Handler Training program, to be renewed every 5 years before expiry date.
- Pre- employment and annual physical if required. Stool culture submitted if required.
- Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: