As the Clinical Director of Care, you believe in continuous learning, and therefore you will be placed under high expectations to continue to grow personally and professionally in your role. You are responsible for providing care to our residents directly and indirectly through our nursing team. This person provides a cheerful and energetic environment for the nursing team that supports growth and development. The role will require ongoing communication with the Director Of Care and to monitor the quality of nursing services to make sure residents receive the care they need.
Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards,
Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care
- Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, monthly indicators, Public Health Inspections, Ministry of Labour inspections, Accreditation reports, etc.
- Ensures nursing team works in a safe workplace environment through the implementation of safe work practices and service guidelines
- Recommends and participates in the termination of nursing staff according to facility policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc
- Delegates clinical and managerial responsibilities as well as provides direction and leadership
- Assists with the development of succession plans and identify employees with growth potential for development