NIGGV operates as a not-for-profit charitable organization and is dedicated to fostering the quality of life for seniors by providing a wide range of services. Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is commonly referred to as the “Village”, but back in 1950 it was just a dream for the Niagara Presbytery Women’s Association who aspired to build a home for United Church seniors. With a $25 donation from the Elm Street United Church Women, the challenge to raise the needed funds got underway. Finally in 1957, a tract of land was purchased behind Grantham United Church on Linwell Road. On July 9, 1958, with great fanfare, the sod was turned, and on September 1, 1959, the Ina Grafton Gage Home opened its doors. But how did Ina Grafton get its name? Interestingly, publisher and philanthropist Sir William Gage bequeathed $18,000 toward the project, and subsequently the home was named in memory of his wife, Ina, and his mother, whose maiden name was Grafton.
From this humble beginning, the Village has grown to what it is today. It is home to more than 400 seniors who live in 120 rental apartments, 112 life lease apartments, 47 life lease bungalows as well as 40 Long Term Care beds all in single rooms. The property encompasses 15 acres of beautifully manicured grounds. The Village also includes a chapel, library, auditorium with shuffleboard courts, four five-pin bowling lanes, billiard room, indoor therapeutic/recreational swimming pool, lounges, atrium and café.
In the spring of 2011, a new expansion project got underway in Niagara-on-the-Lake with a life lease, 55+ retirement residence at 453 Hunter Road. Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village was growing again! The 79-unit facility, located on five acres of country property, is on the corner of Niagara Stone Road on the site of the former Eden Christian College. The new facility opened in November 2012.
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is dedicated to fostering quality of life for seniors through the provision of services that address the needs of the individual.
We are now seeking a
Chief Executive Officer to join our team:
Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
We are currently seeking a CEO who has a strong moral compass and a commitment to teamwork. We are dedicated to providing compassionate care, where the residents come before anything else.
The CEO shall be responsible for the overall operation and the coordination of effective systems and processes in the organization in accordance with Long Term Care legislation, other relevant Acts, Regulations and Standards and policies of the organization. The CEO shall also be responsible for the annual budget, financial statements, human resources management, risk management, quality management, community and client relations and maintaining public relations with the community.
• Ensure the well being and appropriate care of residents
• Ensure the physical assets of the Corporation are managed responsibly
• Ensure the financial assets are managed to protect against fiscal jeopardy or disruption of operational integrity
• Direct employees including the responsibility for hiring, education, safety, salary and benefit administration programs
• Ensure compliance with any and all legislation, regulations and standards that have an impact on the Corporation
• Negotiate, administrate and interpret all aspects of the Collective Agreement
• Establish and maintain organizational systems, structures and practices that ensure accountability of all departments and staff for fulfilling the mission, goals and strategic plan of the Corporation
• Provide leadership to the Board of Directors in the development and management of its duties and responsibilities
• Maintain current knowledge of all policies, procedures, administration practices and the clarification and interpretation of same where necessary
• Build external relationships with community leaders and participate in the planning of services for seniors
• Act as the official representative/spokesperson of the Corporation regarding formal media relations
• Ensure the development and implementation of Quality Management policies/procedures that monitor the outcomes of organizational activities and that they are meeting the needs of the residents
• Ensure the development and implementation of Risk Management policies/procedures that protect the Corporation against liability in the areas of financial, legal and public relations
• Serve as the resource person to other internal Corporate entities as may be directed by the Board of Directors
• Recruit and appoint the Medical Director for Long-Term Care as per the Long-Term Care Health Act
• Certified Long Term Care Administrator with a university degree or diploma in health care, social services and/or an accounting designation with extensive management experience in a long term care setting