Our valued client, a 128-bed, not-for-profit
Long-Term Care Home is seeking an:
Assistant Director of Care, Registered Nurse in Scarborough, Ontario
The city of Scarborough is in Southern Ontario, located just east of Toronto. With a large multicultural population, Scarborough has a unique vibe. It is home to some of Toronto’s most vibrant restaurants and entertainment attractions. It also plays host to several beautiful landscapes, such as the Scarborough Bluffs that face Lake Ontario. There are many thriving elementary, secondary, and post-secondary education institutions in the area and it is easy to get around thanks to Ontario’s only elevated rapid transit line.
This Long-Term Care Home is dedicated to providing exceptional quality care and services to the seniors in their community that enhance their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. The Home offers a unique cultural setting – one that is proud to recognize the customs and traditions of residents who are of a predominantly Greek ethnic background – but with a long-standing commitment to provide for the needs of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The Home has five resident home areas situated around a beautiful courtyard and boasts state of the art equipment. Long-term, dedicated staff work together to compliment this immaculate Home.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all activities necessary for the daily management of all Resident Home Areas (RHA’s). The ADOC supervises the registered nursing staff and the care provided by PSW’S. The Assistant Director of Care may act as the Home’s Infection Control Coordinator, Staff Education Coordinator, Psychogeriatric Resource Coordinator, Wound and Skin Care Coordinator, Palliative Care Coordinator or initiate and coordinate additional specialized programs.
- Knows and interprets the Standards of Resident Care, policies and procedures; communicates these to staff and monitors staff compliance with same.
- Plans, supervises and, as required, conducts orientation of new staff and assists with in-service education of Nursing Service Personnel.
- Responsible for education of registered staff and monitors competency for:
- Safe administration of medications and treatments as prescribed
- Comprehensive assessment and interdisciplinary care planning on admission, quarterly and with change of status
- Documentation Standards
- Use of Point Click Care
- CMI – Completion of RAI MDS
- Integration of changes in Best Practice into nursing practice
- Provides leadership, education, direction and coordination to registered staff to ensure assessments, quarterly reviews, weights, case conferences, and documentation completed by the primary care registered staff as per MOH, College of Nurses and company standards.
- Monitors and evaluates registered staff, provides leadership and coaching on improvement goals and evaluates performance/provides input to staff performance appraisals.
- Coordinates and facilitates Resident Care Conferences, Interdisciplinary Team Conferences.
- Ensures that incident reports are completed and forwarded for appropriate follow-up.
- Ensures completion and analysis of monthly audits and indicators and identifies corrective action.
- Ensures that there is ongoing communication with families especially when there has been a change in a resident’s condition or medication. Monitors follow-up to families following falls and incidents.
- Holds a current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) degree or equivalent or enrolled in same
- A minimum of two years experience in Long Term Care or equivalent
- Proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation
- Proficiency with the Classification process and the funding indicators
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Clinical knowledge and skill in gerontological nursing
- Knowledge of MOHLTC regulations
- Competitive salary, benefits & pension package
Please apply in confidence to:
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: