Our valued client is seeking a
Home & Community Healthcare
Are you an individual that enjoys an “outdoorsy” life style? Look no further than this excellent opportunity in the City of Greater Sudbury. The City of Greater Sudbury is centrally located in Northeastern Ontario and is 3,627 square kilometres in area, making it the geographically largest municipality in Ontario and second largest in Canada. Greater Sudbury is considered a city of lakes, containing 330 lakes and the largest lake contained within a city, Lake Wanapitei.
Greater Sudbury is a world class mining centre and is also a regional centre in financial and business services, tourism, health care and research, education and government for Northeastern Ontario – an area that stretches from the Quebec border west to the eastern shore of Lake Superior and north to the James and Hudson’s Bay coastlines – a market of 555,000.
A proudly Canadian company since 1966, we’re dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians. We go above and beyond to deliver a positive experience to the lives of individuals in our communities. We are with you every step-of-the-way to deliver an experience that makes a positive difference, every visit, every time.
The Area Director, under the direction of the Director, Regional Development, is accountable for all aspects of Branch Office operations including business development through marketing and sales, human resources, budget and finance, quality management, information systems, and the integration of directives from the National Service Centre and local health authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Branch Office Operations
- Organize Branch Office operations and staffing such that all required tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently; proactively anticipate and manage change.
- Implement and Support Company sponsored programs, such as clinical, marketing, risk management and so forth, in accordance with policy and process. Proactively suggest ideas for development of new programs to corporate and division support staff.
- Manage human resources with respect to strategic manpower planning, recruitment, selection and retention of qualified staff, orientation and training, compensation, discipline, employee recognition and the implementation of relevant policies.
- Ensure that client care and service are delivered in accordance with local, provincial, and federal legislation and with Bayshore Home Health’s Code of Ethics, Statement of Client Right and Responsibilities and Standards of Practice; manage all contractual agreements and liase with funding partners and clients.
- Collaborate in the implementation and maintenance of the office information systems and ensure the availability of local systems support.
- Lead the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all client concerns and complaints are followed up and outcomes documented.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the incident.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Develop and lead the implementation of annual business and marketing plans; monitor and evaluate outcomes in relation to defined goals and objectives; prepare and submit an Annual Report within two months of fiscal year end.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the corporate strategic business and marketing plans as requested.
- Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
- Develop, implement and evaluate, in keeping with direction from the Director Regional Development, an internal financial system that is accurate and efficient.
- Prepare an annual budget and subsequently manage expenses in relation to revenue; analyze the ongoing financial status of the Branch to ensure that established financial goals are being achieved; complete monthly and annual financial reports as requested.
Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the Quality Management System; coordinate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Arrange internal quality audits and reviews as requested by the National Service Centre.
Complete all required Quality Management Reports.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a health-related discipline; the Area Director must have a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of business development, operations, service delivery, financial management and control, program development, implementation and evaluation, and human resources practices
- Clinical background is an asset
At least five years of progressively responsible recent experience in management, two of which were at a supervisory level and preferably in a healthcare setting; strong track record in leading the development and integration of profitable business and marketing plans; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and oversee information systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Exceptional interpersonal skills and decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; strong entrepreneurial and marketing skills; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software such as Windows and payroll/billing systems; commitment to continual learning; above average report writing and communication skills; valid driver’s license and willingness to undertake out-of-town travel as required.
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: