Are you a donor centered fundraising professional?
Do you enjoy planning & implementing special events such as golf tournaments?
Are you creative and resourceful with an eye for detail and exceptional customer service?
If so, we want to speak to you!
Annual Giving & Special Events Coordinator
Newmarket & North York, ON
Our client has a rewarding opportunity for the position of Annual Giving & Special Event Coordinator. This position will require travel between Newmarket & North York.
Our client is committed to raising funds to support vulnerable people in the community and is a respected leader in the long term and hospice palliative care environment.
The Annual Giving & Special Events Coordinator will develop community partnerships as well as plan and execute all special events and annual giving appeals. This position requires hands-on experience in event planning and execution, sponsorship, marketing and volunteer management. The role reports directly to and is supported by the Director of Development, Charitable Foundation.
- The ability to work independently and reliably is essential
- Plan and execute fundraising events and engagement activities for the Foundation
- Develop special event project plan and manage critical path deliverables to ensure successful outcomes
- Assist Marketing team with creating promotion materials and website updates
- Oversee and direct events including venue bookings, city permits, décor, food and beverage, staging, program and entertainment schedule.
- Research potential vendors, call for quotes, secure services and provide instructions.
- Assist with event set up and tear down
- Craft and prepare post event communiqués and thank you letters as well as final event financial reports.
- Support event and senior leadership volunteers and ensure event day volunteers are trained and supervised as well as acknowledged
- Direct health and safety, harassment, privacy, accessibility, inclusiveness, site management, crowd control, admission, financial control, loss prevention and food services management
- Understand how to manage operation costs and budget, while ensuring events are delivered to company standard and a strong focus on return on investment
- Knowledge of the Raisers Edge database; including donation receipt processing, Teamraiser and event analysis is a strong asset
- Know how to use Social media to broadcast message and “Spread the Word”
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative event reports to make recommendations
- Oversee management of direct mail appeals including print shop process and mailing segmentation to specific constituencies
- Provide direct mail analytics and identify useful trends
- Post-Secondary education and a certificate in fundraising or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in fund development and a track record of progressive success managing fundraising programs and events
- Demonstrated experience directing successful fundraising special events and direct mail appeals in a non-profit environment
- Exposure to non-profit sector, specifically for special event strategies and sponsorship & friends asking friends fundraising
- Proven success in fostering and stewarding corporate and individual event sponsors, and community partners
- Excellent project management skills and superb attention to detail
- Positive leadership abilities and ability to coach and influence stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment but also the accountability of working independently
- Excellent communication skills and professional etiquette
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with sensitivity to the Hospice environment
- Resourcefulness and creativity to get desired result
- High level of sound judgement, reasoning and discretion
- Ability to handle prospect / donor information with confidentiality
- Familiarity with Newmarket and the York Region community an asset
- Have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends and to travel to locations throughout our service area
- Must have valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- The desire to obtain the Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification (CFRE) is an asset
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Leaders helping leaders – we welcome your referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: