A Canadian, family owned and operated organization, our client has 3 long term care homes in Southwestern Ontario. Their focus is on providing a high level of resident care, along with strong, accountable staff, and positive family and community involvement.
- This site is home to 92 residents and is fully accredited, with highly dedicated long-tenured staff.
- This is an exciting time for the Home in Guelph as they will be redeveloping and hope to have a shovel in the ground by spring 2017!
The Administrator directs and maintains the overall operations of the Home’s activities both internal and external, and assures quality care is provided to the residents. The successful candidate promotes public relations and possesses the skills necessary to make independent decisions as well as provide leadership and promotes effective communication with staff, residents, community and the owner.
- In this exciting and challenging leadership role you will be accountable for the overall day-to-day operation of the Long Term Care Home including resident care, labour relations, fiscal performance, compliance with pertinent legislation and standards and for liaising between all internal and external stakeholders
- Leads the annual operating plan, participates in the development of the annual capital and operates budgets
- Plans, organizes, co-ordinates, supervises and is accountable for the effective use of resources to meet resident needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Hires, supervises, disciplines, coaches, mentors, and empowers management employees
- Implements policies and procedures to effectively carry out the objectives of the facility and support resident care goals
- Ensures effective team work and collaboration that contributes to the highest level of quality care
- Establishes excellent communications and relations with residents, families, family council, resident council, volunteers, employees, physicians, the LHIN, MOHLTC, CCAC, and other stakeholders
- Passion for maximizing quality resident care
- Current Administrator Certificate through a Ministry of Health approved program
- Three to five years related experience, in a long-term care setting is required, as well as demonstrated leadership, administrative abilities, and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate under MOH funding guidelines and monthly attention to budget
- Compensation for the position has been designed to attract star performers
“We thank all those who apply for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted”
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: