As the Administrator, you desire to work within a team of like-minded, resident focused professionals; who strive every day to enhance communication skills, generate trust, build relationships and develop a sense of comradery. Through effective planning, direction and control, the Administrator has the responsibility for the overall operation of the Home within the allocated resources and oversees all financial and operating matters pertaining to the home.
The Administrator is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the Home’s mission and values, ensuring resident safety, and demonstrating customer service excellence.
- Directs the preparation of periodic financial statements by measuring the relevant business activity and financial position of the organization to ensure appropriate scrutiny and financial management
- Ensures compliance with federal and provincial regulations by implementing and monitoring personnel policies and procedures to protect employees and the organization
- Addresses employee issues and/or concerns by maintaining pro-active and responsive employee relations in order to achieve a high rate of employee satisfaction and performance
- Formulates an effective strategic plan by analyzing the environment and gaining stakeholder consensus on the organization’s direction in order to maximize the organization’s success
- Informs the public of the value of the products and services provided by the organization by creating effective public relations programs to differentiate and promote the organization
- Examines the possibilities for growth by identifying opportunities for partnerships and strategic alliances to enhance market position and organizational effectiveness
- Manages governance and operations by remaining within the definition of the organization’s established legal structure in order to maintain compliance
- Resolves conflicts with internal and external stakeholders by addressing complaints immediately within established grievance procedures in order to avoid litigation
- Constructs a system of governance which actualizes the organization’s strategic vision, mission, and values in collaboration with leadership in order to achieve organizational goals and to ensure highly satisfied stakeholders
- Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Assists Departmental Managers as necessary in Recruitment, Directing, Disciplining, Suspending, or discharging employees.
- Deals personally with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Compliance Branch. Responds to areas of non-compliance and recommendations with Departmental Managers. Responsible for the completion of Compliance Plan and Action Plans which will be forwarded to CEO for input and final approval.
- Ensure the home is participating in the Interdisciplinary Quality Management/ Risk Management Program and that it is implemented and remains ongoing.
- Ensures all staff is aware of the Resident Bill of Rights and assists staff to respect and promote the Bill of Rights.
- Ensures Departmental Managers maintain proper staffing hours and review Hour Budget Control bi-weekly to ensure they coincide.
- Develops a proper fire safety and disaster plan and implements it in the normal operations of the Home.
- Provides direction and oversees the progression of the various Committees such as Resident Care, Health and Safety Accreditation, etc.
- Recommends to Senior Management education programs that the Administrators wishes them to attend and complies with those preplanned dates.
- Continues to upgrade Administration skills through attendance at workshops and seminars.
- Current Administrator Certificate through a Ministry of Health approved program
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or a post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in duration;
- Three to five years related experience, in a long-term care setting is required, as well as demonstrated leadership, administrative abilities, and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate under MOH funding guidelines and monthly attention to budget
- Excellent compensation package and full benefits package designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: