Our valued client is currently seeking an:
Accounting Representative – Full Time, North Greater Toronto Area, ON
Healthcare Accounting’s unique team approach has allowed them to provide superior accounting and managerial support since their inception in 2010. Their focus in the not-for-profit sector has allowed them to significantly contribute towards the goals of many wonderful organizations who serve thousands of clients within Ontario.
The company is dedicated to perform all of the specific accounting needs on an individual basis for their clients. They recognize that every organization is unique, even if they operate in the same industry with the same reporting requirements. They pride themselves on providing the best support services possible.
This position provides accounting services to 2-3 Long Term Care facilities in the north end of the GTA. The successful candidate must possess the ability to work independently and on site of the different facilities.
As a member of the Healthcare Accounting Team, you will have the opportunity to provide support services for two-three long-term care Homes. Areas of responsibility will include general accounting services, financial analysis, reporting to external funders, budget planning, forecasting and payroll. As a member of the Healthcare Accounting Team, you will have the opportunity to provide support services for two long-term care Homes. Areas of responsibility will include general accounting services, financial analysis, reporting to external funders, budget planning, forecasting and payroll. Demonstrated excellence will lead to a potential full-time opportunity.
- Processes and/or oversees accounts receivable, accounts payable and banking processes.
- Develops, implements and monitors adherence to internal controls and financial policies and procedures on all aspects of the financial management for Healthcare Accounting’s clients.
- Monitors processes and procedures to ensure that they are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Revenue Canada guidelines.
- Assists, processes and/or oversees all payroll functions on behalf of Healthcare Accounting’s clients.
- Organizes, schedules and assists with the annual year-end process for Healthcare Accounting’s clients in collaboration with the external audit firm(s). Prepares financial analysis and working papers as required to ensure annual reviews are performed efficiently.
- Assists with the annual budget process for Healthcare Accounting’s clients.
- Promotes the ongoing development of continuous quality improvement. Attends Board and Board Committee meetings as requested by Healthcare Accounting’s clients.
- Performs other duties at the request of our clients.
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Accounting experience within a unionized environment is an asset
- Pursuing an accounting designation an asset but not a must
- Have a positive, friendly and professional personality
- Desire to work in the not-for-profit industry is a must
- Be neat, presentable and convey a professional image to clients, suppliers and staff
- Be self-motivated and hard working
- Competitive hourly rate designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.