Tucked into the northeast corner of the GTA, in the heart of the thriving City of Markham, Unionville is renowned for it’s arts and culture, pubs, parks, restaurants, and its historical European feel. Its revitalized structures are virtually unchanged from its founding in 1794. Unionville welcomes several thousand visitors each year.
Our Home is unlike any other long term care Home in southern Ontario. Located in the heart of Unionville on a 19-acre campus, this leading seniors’ facility provides a comprehensive range of quality care and special services to older adults and their families. Promoting wellness, independence, and a high quality of life within a “home-like” caring environment, we focus on the capabilities of individual residents.
Our residents are some of the most interesting, spectacular people you will ever meet. Their backgrounds are diverse, they come from all over, and they are real people who have lived real lives. They have a story and if you have a minute they’d love to tell it.
We provide a home-like environment and the opportunity for residents to exercise choice and control in their lives.
- We are accredited through CARF
- Gorgeous, bright, sunny, eight year’s young, charitable, not for profit home with 160 long-term care beds
We are now seeking a Long Term Care Administrator to join our team!
In this role, you are…
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for optimum resident services in accordance with legislative requirements.
Through effective planning, direction and control, the Administrator has the responsibility for the overall operation of the Home within the allocated resources and oversees all financial and operating matters pertaining to the home.
The Administrator is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the Home’s mission and values, ensuring resident safety, and demonstrating customer service excellence.
You desire to…
Cultivate your style, instill your leadership vision into your team. Work within a team of like-minded, resident focused professionals; who strive every day to enhance communication skills, generate trust, build relationships and develop a sense of comradery.
Your credentials & experience will include:
You’ve worked in Long-Term Care residences and you understand how they run. You have overriding personal values and you don’t mind bringing them to work. This is a serious career position in a uniquely challenging, yet stable environment.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience
- Master’s degree an asset (e.g. MHA, MScN)
- Nursing degree an asset
- Long Term Care Administrator Certificate that is at least 100 hours in duration of instruction
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the management of a Long Term Care Home
- Proven record in clinical care management, quality improvement, financial management, organization development, communication and human resource management
- Current knowledge of geriatric/long term care best practice and standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office, Work, Excel
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational skills to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Empathetic attitude and desire to contribute towards the well being of the elderly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to:
- work well with team members, residents, families volunteers, supervisors and other department members;
- work in an environment that includes pets, flowers, plants and perfumed scents and adjust to change in work day demands.
Let’s talk. It depends on who you are, where you’ve been, your stories and experience to date. We can tell you that this career move comes with a competitive salary, full benefits package (medical, dental, etc.) , RRSP matching, serious job stability, and a team of people who want to see you succeed!
If you are a leader with values, let’s talk . . .
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: