Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Services Manager oversees all aspects related to the management and operations of the Food Services Department, ensuring the highest standards of quality service and optimal utilization of available resources. Works in partnership with the Director of Care and consults with the Dietitian to ensure open communication and facilitate follow-up to processes implemented.
This 88-bed private pay Long Term Care Home located in Greater Victoria is well-established and has developed a deep connection to the community. Away from the hustle and bustle of downtown with close proximity to the ocean, parks and nature trails while still maintaining its small town charm, it offers convenience to residents, families and staff alike.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a valued member of the team, the Food Services Manager oversees the day to day operation of the kitchen facilities and demonstrates a commitment to the organization’s vision and mission by leading and managing all aspects of the kitchen.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures for the Food Services Department
- Ensures the maintenance of Food Services Department standards, including sanitation, safety and operation of equipment
- Maintains firm control of budget allocation for the Food Services Department
- In partnership with the General Manager and the Dietitian develops a Quality Assurance Program with audit tools and surveys to determine resident and staff satisfaction
- In conjunction with the Dietician is responsible for menu development and planning
- Implements monitoring tools for quality control, sanitation, food safety, sanitation and performs quarterly audits to ensure standards are maintained
- As part of the management team, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates staff training and in-service programs
- Research and procures equipment and human resources as required to meet the needs of the Food Services Department.
- Follows up with all complaints concerning the Food Services Department from staff, residents and others as necessary
- Three – five years management experience in a health care setting is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- TB and medical clearance along with criminal record clearance
- Excellent English both verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of food service and delivery programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resource management
- Demonstrated ability to empathize and facilitate problem-solving for the department;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently as a team member;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills required, including but not limited to Microsoft Office
A diploma or certification from a recognized Food Service Program from an accredited post-secondary institute or a combination of education and experience in a position as a Food Service Supervisor specific to health care, or a recognized chef’s training program; membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or is a registered dietician
- Attractive total compensation package
- Full benefit plan including long-term disability and sick days